The more self-awareness you have, the happier you are and the more you move away from being unhelpful when others need assistance. There are many instances where people don’t help each other very much or choose to interact negatively, for example:
- Pointing out what’s going wrong instead of what is going well.
- Criticizing instead of offering solutions.
- Talking over people.
- Making sarcastic or sardonic remarks.
- Taking a lot of time to explain why they can’t do something rather than doing it.
- Finding ways to not help.
- Acting like a know-it-all and making people feel inadequate.
- Highlight what is going well.
- Offer solutions.
- Make positive remarks.
- Do something helpful instead of talking about what you can’t do.
- Find ways to help.
- Behave in ways that are kind and helpful.